Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Learning Community (CRRLC)
The goals of this project are:
- Form a Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Learning Community;
- Electronically collect and analyze data on trajectories of hypertension and LDL-cholesterol control, antihypertensive and hypolipidemic drug prescription and fulfillment data, and relatively mutable and relatively immutable factors associated with hypertension and LDL control;
- Develop a system for electronic feedback of aggregate data to compare clinic performance and of patient-level data to assist care providers in focusing their efforts in improving blood pressure and LDL control; and
- Assess incidence and changes in blood pressure and LDL control before and after implementation of feedback to calculate sample size for a randomized controlled trial.
1. Translation of the JNC7 and NCEP guidelines into electronic algorithms for use of data electronically extracted, transformed, and loaded from the EHR suitable to produce patient-specific, point of care decision support and audit with feedback for both timeliness of measurement and control of blood pressure and LDL.
2. Modification of Wilson Pace’s aggregation of individual ICD-9 codes into comorbidity clusters for use in risk-adjustment of blood pressure and LDL timeliness of measurement and non-control
Risk-adjusted comparison of blood pressure and low-density
lipoprotein (LDL) noncontrol in primary care offices.
Hammermeister K, Bronsert M, Henderson WG, Coombs L, Hosokawa P, Brandt E, Bryan C, Valuck R, West D, Liaw W, Ho M, Pace W.
J Am Board Fam Med. 2013 Nov-Dec;26(6):658-68. doi: 10.3122/jabfm.2013.06.130017.
Abstract | Full Text
Comparative effectiveness of antihypertensive therapeutic
classes and treatment strategies in the initiation of therapy in primary
care patients: a Distributed Ambulatory Research in Therapeutics Network
Bronsert MR, Henderson WG, Valuck R, Hosokawa P, Hammermeister K.
J Am Board Fam Med. 2013 Sep-Oct;26(5):529-38. doi: 10.3122/jabfm.2013.05.130048.
Abstract | Full Text
A Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Learning Community in DARTNet, Karl Hammermeister, University of Colorado School of Medicine, NHLBI 1RC1HL101071-01, $499,926
|Type of Patients Included||N||Data Elements|
|All patients over 18||964968||